Monday, February 21, 2011

"Jesse Eisenberg deserves the Oscar for Best Actor. The Social Network was the best movie of the year!"

I feel like people only really liked The Social Network for its cultural relevance. Apparently 1 in 13 people worldwide uses Facebook. Don't get me wrong - it was a good movie. It just wasn't the super witty, orgasm-inducing underdog movie we were all promised, and I don't really see the hype to it or Jesse Eisenberg's acting in it. I mean, he's a good actor (Zombieland was hilarious) but the movie's version of Mark Zuckerberg really isn't the most likeable character to me. I mean, I'm grateful to the real Zuck for creating the ultimate outlet for my narcissism, but Jesse's character is boring and borderline autistic. His lines are barely clever, and they all just sound terrible when you consider that he really kind of is a thief. Maybe possession really is nine-tenths of the law.

No comments:

Post a Comment